Sunday, January 20, 2019

And, we're back!

Hello from Italy! Yes, it's true, we've made the move. Sergio and I (and 2 NY cats) have been living here in the mountains of Emilia-Romagna since Sept 1. We had been thinking about the move for some time, and we happened upon a perfect house, so we decided to do it.

The house is in the Appennini mountains between Bologna and Modena, at the top of Monte di Montalto, with beautiful views all around.




We adore Bologna and have friends there, so we decided to look in the country surrounding Bologna and we were lucky to find this amazing, historical house that very few others would be willing to take on.


I miss NYC very much, but I take comfort in the fact that we can still visit often and stay with friends. And we hope that many will come visit us here, as we have many guest rooms, especially in the summer.

On Tuesdays (and some random other days) I will be working in Bologna, at the apartment of very kind friends. Hopefully I will have my own office there soon, but for the time being, this view from my temporary office isn't bad.


And now that we've completed some of the work on the winter (heated) side of the house, my massage office at home is ready.



Once the weather is warmer, my massage office will move to the other side of the house, with this view.



Fortunately for me, Italy is home to many thermal bath towns. I will be keeping a log of my visits to them, and sharing information for fellow bathing enthusiasts. Up next - my "local" spa town - Porretta Terme. Intrigued?



No comments:

Post a Comment